CATHODIC PROTECTION FOR MINE STEEL STRUCTURE AND MINING SUPORTING FACILITIES
- The mine steel structures and the mining supporting facilities are naturally subject to failure cause by corrosion hazards, and potentially affect health, safety and environment. These may result in wasting of steel component, slowing down the mining operation, increasing maintenance and repair cost, loss of asset, loss of production, and sudden failure and injury.
- The steel structure include the main mining equipment; and the supporting facilities are field transportation vehicle, ship and barges, jetty, steel piles, bridges, fuel storage tanks, fuel and water transportation pipeline, mining waste disposal pipeline, and any other steel structure in the mining site.
- The corrosion damage can only be prevented and totally stopped by application of cathodic protection.
- The course focuses on recognition and identification of corrosion hazards, its potential damage to steel structures in the mining field, the risk of equipment failure, injury, and the negative effects to safety and environment; and the principle method and techniques to prevent or control corrosion damage with cathodic protection.
- Sacrificial Anode Cathodic Protection (SACP) method and Impressed Current Cathodic Protection (ICCP) method will be explained in detail, both for inland (topside) mining steel structures and underwater or water-immersed mining supporting facilities.
- It provides a basic but thorough review of corrosion characteristics and its devastating mechanism, cathodic protection principle and method, and the technique by which cathodic protection can be applied. Active participation is encouraged through case studies, examples, and an open discussion format.
- Corrosion mechanism of mining steel structure and mining supporting facilities.
- Atmospheric, soil and water corrosiveness.
- Cathodic protection for underground pipeline, structures, and its associated equipment.
- Standard and recommended practice for application of anti-corrosion method and materials; and consideration for the use of cathodic protection.
- Practical methods to prevent atmospheric topside corrosion.
- Cathodic protection for fuel, chemicals, and water storage tanks, silos, piping, structures, and its associated equipment.
- Design and installation of SACP and ICCP.
- Cathodic protection for underwater pipeline and structures, ships, barges, jetty, steel piles, bridges, fuel and water transportation pipeline, waste disposal pipeline, and marine facilities.
- Inspection, monitoring, maintenance and evaluation of SACP and ICCP.
- Hazards and Safety in using Cathodic Protection System
- Mining personnel who concern and responsible for maintenance of steel structures and mining supporting facilities in the mining workplace.
- Anyone who needs to recognize corrosion hazards in the workplace and understand its devastating potential, especially as it relates to his or her area of responsibility, in any mining activity.
- Those who involves in asset management, and responsible for reliability of mining supporting facilities such as field transportation vehicle, ship and barges, jetty, steel piles, bridges, fuel storage tanks, fuel and water transportation pipeline, mining waste disposal pipeline, and any other steel structure in the mining site.
- Anyone who involves in health, safety, and environment.
- Other beginners who interested in.
- Anyone who needs to understand the engineering concept of corrosion control in the mining site and the benefit of steel corrosion control with cathodic protection technique.
- The course will be delivered in the form of classroom exposition, case studies and open discussion. Course materials will be handed out as hard and soft copy.
- Actual field problems, which are about to bring to the course, will be presented and discussed in the class and shared to find recommendation as a specific solution. All participant documents should be treated as confidential.
- The course will be given in Bahasa Indonesia. In special case, upon request, it will be in English.
- Course itinerary, materials and program will be provided and prepared by the organizer.
Ir. Rini Dharmastiti, MSc, PhD.
- Module / Handout
- Softcopy Materi
- Bag or bagpackers
- Training Kit
- 2xCoffe Break & 1 Lunch
- Airport pickup service
- Training room full AC and Multimedia
Time and Venue
22 – 24 Oktober 2018
13 – 15 November 2018
04 – 06 Desember 2018
Pukul : 08.00 – 16.00 WIB
Tempat : Primasindo Learning Center
Biaya pelatihan Rp 7.000.000,- (Non Residential)
Pembayaran dilakukan saat registrasi atau transfer ke:
Bank Mandiri, KCP Yogyakarta
Acc. No. 137 – 00 – 2233448 – 2
a/n CV. Primasindo Incorporation
INFORMASI & PENDAFTARAN
CV. PRIMASINDO INCORPORATION
Patangpuluhan No. 26 Yogyakarta
Phone : 0274 – 4538883
Fax : (0274) 4531082
Contact Person :