CHEMICAL HAZARD SAFETY IN MINING AND WORKPLACE
Description Chemical Hazard Safety In Mining and Workplace – Hazardous materials, which are often referred to as chemical hazards, exist in one form or another in nearly all workplaces. There is potential exposure to hazardous chemicals in any industrial and production activity. The Basic Chemical Safety Course focuses on recognition and identification of chemical hazards, its potential acute and chronic health effects in exposed employees, and the risk of fire and explosion.
It provides a basic but thorough review of sources of hazardous chemicals, its characteristics, devastating mechanism, and the method by which it can be controlled. Active participation is encouraged through case studies, examples, and an open discussion format.
- What hazardous materials are, and how chemicals exist in mining and the workplace.
- Characteristics of common industrial hazardous materials.
- Fire, explosion, dust explosion and the basic of chemistry.
- Chemical access routes to the body, target systems, and the basic of toxicology.
- Factors that affect chemical injury or illness.
- Overview of MSDS.
- Chemical hazards control and prevention methods.
- Protection method and equipment.
- Historical response to workplace hazards.
- Hazard classification and categories of workplace hazards.
- Primary hazards associated with flammable and combustible materials.
- Type of material, nature, and state of chemical hazards.
- Solid, liquid and gas that capable of causing health hazards.
- Dusts, particulates, mists, fumes, fibers, solvents, vapors, and toxic gases.
- Acute and chronic health effects.
- Repeated exposure and specific body systems damage.
- Hazard Communication Program.
- Basic information contained in the MSDS.
- Evaluating and controlling the risk of chemical exposures.
- Understanding exposure limits.
- Permissible Exposure Limit and Threshold Limit Value
- Lower and Upper Explosive/Flammable Limit
- Suggestions to reduce the chances of a chemical injury or illness
- Chemical hazards control, prevention methods, and direct read equipment.
- Protection methods and personal protection equipment.
- Workers potentially exposed to hazardous chemicals, and those who responsible for safety in the workplace
- Anyone who needs to recognize chemical hazards in the workplace and understand its devastating potential, especially as it relates to his or her area of responsibility, in any industrial, mining and production activity.
- Technician, field operator, driller, dumper, plant operator, office staff, electrician, welder, machine operator.
- Tank cleaners and pipeline operators.
- Anyone who involves in chemicals handling and purchasing.
- Other beginners who interested in.
- The course will be delivered in the form of classroom exposition, case studies and open discussion. Course materials will be handed out as hard and soft copy.
- Actual field problems, which are about to bring to the course, will be presented and discussed in the class and shared to find recommendation as a specific solution. All participant documents should be treated as confidential.
- The course will be given in Bahasa Indonesia. In special case, upon request, it will be in English.
- Course itinerary, materials and program will be provided and prepared by the organizer.
None. No previous training in Hazops is required. However, to gain the most from this course, a basic understanding of science, physics and chemistry will be helpful.
Elfida Moralista, Ssi., MT
Time and Venue
22 – 24 Oktober 2018
13 – 15 November 2018
04 – 06 Desember 2018
Pukul : 08.00 – 16.00 WIB
Tempat : Primasindo Learning Center
Biaya pelatihan Rp 7.000.000,- (Non Residential)
Pembayaran dilakukan saat registrasi atau transfer ke:
Bank Mandiri, KCP Yogyakarta
Acc. No. 137 – 00 – 2233448 – 2
a/n CV. Primasindo Incorporation
INFORMASI & PENDAFTARAN
CV. PRIMASINDO INCORPORATION
Patangpuluhan No. 26 Yogyakarta
Phone : 0274 – 4538883
Fax : (0274) 4531082
Contact Person :